Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is the recipe I always use to make Chocolate Chip Cookies. Some say that it is "over-rated" others say it is delicious and yet someone else says they aren't flat enough. I love them!

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 stick Butter Flavored Crisco Shortening
  • 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 2 TBS milk
  • 1 TBS REAL vanilla extract
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 375 F
  2. Beat shortening and brown sugar in large bowl with an elecric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
  3. Beat in milk, vanilla and egg.
  4. Stir in flour, salt and baking soda.
  5. Blend in chocolate chips (and nuts)
  6. Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cooking sheet (I use a Pampered Chef Baking Stone)
  7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies (that's what I do) or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies.

Makes 3 dozen cookies

I always double this recipe.

Original Source: Well, I actually got this recipe from my mom's friend Donna, but later discovered that it is the same recipe that is on the packaging for Butter-Flavored crisco.

3 comments:

  1. Give me BUTTER or give me death! I love you Amy, and all your baked goods! :) - Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these cookies too Amy. I also like flat cookies - but I DO love these cookies!

    ReplyDelete